At the Canadian School of Milan, scholarships are offered to recognise academic excellence, community engagement, leadership, and other character based qualities.
The School offers a maximum of 5 entrance scholarships per year to external and current students applying from grade 6 through 11. Scholarships consist of a 20% to 50% reduction on the tuition fee and are awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate the following criteria:
- Evidence that the applicant will add value to Canadian School of Milan and his/her aspirations and expectations align with CSM’s mission.
- Ability to thrive in an academically rich and challenging environment (minimum 80% average from previous school)
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- External students must pass a CEM online test based in Mathematics, and English with a minimum of A in both subjects. In addition they will need to write an essay of 500 words or more on “Why I would like to study in an International School”
- Active and proven involvement in the community in a wide range of extra curricular activities such as sports, music, drama, volunteering,etc.
- Successful interview with the Principal and Scholarship Review Committee, conducted in English.
Scholarships are renewable each year provided the student maintains high academic achievement; contributes as an active and positive member of the school community and demonstrates consistent attendance/punctuality.
The Principal has the discretion to reduce and/or withdraw a scholarship where:
- A student’s grades, attitude, behaviour, attendance and punctuality are deemed to have been unsatisfactory
- Parents/guardians failure to support the School mission and philosophy, for example by the late payment of fees, or failure to adhere to the School Policies.
Application Process for School Year 2019-2010
Applications for the school year 2019-2020 are now closed. The scholarships have been assigned.
For any additional questions please contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: March 15 2019