Apply to CSM
Admission is open to all students of all nationalities and abilities. However, in order to ensure maintenance of its mission, CSM aims to create heterogeneous groups for each grade level. A classroom that is balanced by gender, academic and language abilities facilitates appreciation of diversity, positive social interchanges, and cooperative learning. Classes are recomposed annually to reflect the above criteria and the philosophy of the school. To be admitted to CSM’s Nursery class, a child must 3 years old by December 31st of the year of entry, and must be toilet independent. Depending on on the initial assessment, it may be preferable for a child to be three years old at the time of entry.
The following criteria is taken into consideration before a student is accepted:
- – Native English language speaker
- – Citizen of Canada and other English-speaking countries
- – International or Italian expatriate with previous English schooling
- – Sibling of a current CSM student if entering in Nursery (previous English schooling is requested for entry in other grades)
- – Families in which one parent is international or with at least one parent who is fluent in English
- – Please complete and return the online inquiry form to register for a school tour.
- – Our admissions office will then contact parents and invite them for a tour of the school upon place availability and eligibility confirmation.
- – Following the school tour, parents may at any time request Admission for their children by completing the Application Form provided during the visit, along with a copy of the child/children’s last two academic reports.
- – Depending on availability, the Admissions Office will contact parents to schedule an Admission Test or a First Impressions meeting.
- – Entrance Assessment is age-appropriate and consist of a English written and oral test, and a Mathematics written test.
- – A non-refundable fee of €152 is charged for the entrance assessment. This fee will be deducted from the overall school fees if place will offered.
Offer of a Place
- – Following the assessment results, parents will receive a communication for a conditional place at CSM
- – The conditional place will remain in force for 5 working days. During this time, parents are asked to accept the place/s and commit further by submitting the Admission Fee. When this is received, a place at CSM is guaranteed and thus no refund will be made in case of non-appearance.
- – Children may enter the school only once the due fees have been paid.
Both parents, in applying for their child’s admission to CSM, agree to abide by the standard terms and conditions of the school (which may undergo reasonable changes from time to time as circumstances require) and that the school may obtain, process and hold personal information about their child for the purpose of assessment and the welfare of the student whilst at CSM.