Apply to CSM
Applications for admission requests should be submitted via OpenApply, our online admissions portal. Please note that as part of this process you will be required to include your child’s recent school report cards as well a copy of your child’s passport. Please note that a separate application form must be submitted if you wish to apply for more than one child.
Application for Admission requests for children with special education needs will be evaluated case by case to ensure that our school is properly equipped to meet their needs and offer them a meaningful education.
Please review the detailed steps below in order to have better understanding of our admission requirements.
Step 1 - Request a visit
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, visits are momentarily not available.
To request a virtual meeting, please click here.
Our Admissions Office will contact you upon place availability and eligibility confirmation to schedule a virtual meeting.
For families located internationally and unable to travel to Milan, our admissions office can support you in all the steps of the application process virtually.
Step 2 - Application
Complete the Application Form. The following documents will be needed in order to complete your application:
- A recent passport-sized picture of the child
- A copy of the child's passport
- Copies of the child/children’s recent report cards (last two full year academic reports)
The Admissions Office will review the documents that have been submitted. Reference letters and additional documents might be requested at the discretion of the school.
Step 3 - Entrance Assessment
Depending on availability and on the analysis of the academic reports, the Admissions Office will contact parents to schedule an Entrance Test (or a First Impressions meeting for children applying for Nursery and PreK).
- Entrance tests are age-appropriate and consist of an English written and oral test, and a Mathematics written test.
- A non-refundable fee of €200 is charged for the Entrance Test (as well as the First Impression Meeting). This fee will be deducted from the overall school fees if a place is offered.
These assessments are mandatory and have a bearing on admission.
Step 4 - Meeting with the Principal
If the first impressions meeting or the entrance test has a positive result the Admissions Office will contact you to arrange a meeting:
- For Lower School applicants, a meeting between the parents and Principal will be arranged.
- For Upper School applicants, a meeting between the parents, student, Upper School Coordinator and Principal will be arranged.
Step 5 - Confirmation of place
Following the assessment results, parents will be contacted to let them know if the child has been accepted or not.
If the child is accepted they will receive a conditional placement at CSM.
- The conditional placement will remain valid for 5 working days. During this time, parents are asked to accept the place/s and commit further by submitting the Admission Fee (if the acceptance occurs after April 30th, we also require the payment of the first instalment of 40%). When this is received, a place at CSM is guaranteed and thus no refund will be made in case of non-appearance.
- Children may enter the school only once the due fees have been paid.
Please see the School Fees section on our website for more information regarding the payment terms.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Both parents, in applying for their child’s admission to CSM, agree to abide by the standard terms and conditions of the school (which may undergo reasonable changes from time to time as circumstances require) and that the school may obtain, process and hold personal information about their child for the purpose of assessment and the welfare of the student whilst at CSM.
The withdrawal of a student from the school must be communicated to the School Office by giving notice in writing at least 1 (one) full term in advance. For example, a child not returning to CSM the following academic year must give notice no later than the first day of Third Term (April 1st).
We consider all students automatically re-enrolled unless the family provides us with a Leaving Form according to the deadlines.